[scribus] Doing a cookbook - how to treat each recipe

John Beardmore John at T4sLtd.co.uk
Mon Oct 12 02:00:23 CEST 2009

S B wrote:

>  Because I used more illustrations than normal, that seems to be about the
> practical limit, and for the next lesson I'll have to break things up. That
> said, I love Scribus.  I have InDesign, which unfortunately is completely
> opaque to me, although I've produced a few marketing materials with it.  I
> have to admit that my design talents really leave something to be desired,
> but I certainly enjoy the production process in Scribus. It's got just about
> everything I could imagine wanting.Steve B.

Would it be less effort to get more memory into your PC ?  That would
also benefit other apps etc.

I can manage up to 60 pages and could probably manage a lot more using a
machine with 4 gig of RAM and a 2.4GHz cup.

Like you I don't link many text boxes into chains and have a lot of
graphics.

Cheers, J/.
--
John Beardmore,MSc EDM (Open),B.A. Chem (Oxon),CMIOSH,CEnv,AIEMA,MEI
Energy Audit, Carbon Management, Design Advice, Sustainable Energy