[scribus] Doing a cookbook - how to treat each recipe

dwain dwain.alford at gmail.com
Sun Oct 11 03:49:26 CEST 2009

On Sat, Oct 10, 2009 at 7:25 PM, Bruce Griffis <bruce.griffis at gmail.com>wrote:

> When putting this together, wuld I treat each chapter as a separate
> file, then merge them? Would I do it as one file and just deal with
> the length of time it takes to load (right now I'm at 124 pages).
> Would I create a new text box for each recipe, to make it easier to
> put images where I want them? I simply opened Scribus an d imported
> text from my OOo Writer file, but that makes it hard to put images
> where I want them - as I did all 124 pages as one huge text box.
>

> i would recommend each page as a file.  it seems to be easier to place
images and one text box at a time.  it would appear that you could copy and
paste each recipe in its own text box and get the results that you are
looking for and then merge all of the files into one nicely produced book.

i'm sure others on the list would have a more succinct way of achieving the
results you are looking for.  my way is only one way, but the proof is in
the pudding.
regards,
dwain

--
"Fear of the devil is one way of doubting God.  " - Kahlil Gibran