[scribus] viewing pages 2 horizontally?

John Culleton john at wexfordpress.com
Wed Oct 7 14:17:20 CEST 2009

On Friday 02 October 2009 15:15:50 Gregory Pittman wrote:
> On 10/02/2009 11:38 AM, Alexandre Prokoudine wrote:
> > On Fri, Oct 2, 2009 at 7:33 PM, Brian R******** wrote:
> >> Hello everyone,
> >>
> >> I would like to know if there is a setting somewhere which would
enable
> >> me to display my pages side by side instead of up and down.
> >
> > You need facing pages layout for that
>
> and to be more explanatory, this is a choice that comes up when you
> start a new document. When you already have a document and want
> change the layout, go to File > Document Setup to change it. Choose
> Double Sided for this.
>
> This only changes the appearance on the screen in Scribus. Each
page
> will still be exported and print as a single page.
>
> Greg

Pages can then be viewed side by side in Adobe Acroread.  As an option
in Acroread the first page can be made to display by itself on the right
hand side and the remaining pages will be side by side with the even
pages on the left side and the odd on the right, as in a book.

To get the same effect in Scribus on the first spread the left hand side
would need to be blank. This spacer page can be deleted just before
exporting the PDF, or afterwards using Ghostscript or PSUtils. The
spacer page is unnumbered of course.