[scribus] object is imported pdf file

a.l.e ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Mon Oct 5 21:44:07 CEST 2009

hallo thomas

> does this mean that pdfs are a so to say a weak point of scribus and
> if I want to print a magazine I should not use pdfs (I don't want to
> loose myself in fiddling around with "experimental options", I want
> to make a magazine :-)).
>
> I got plenty of pdf-files from different people to include into my
> magazine and I can't ask them to send a different format.
>
> Is there a solid workaround to include the pdfs or shall I download
> something from adobe?

i would say that, compared to the rest of the free world, pdf are a
strong feature of scribus.

still, depending on the type of pdf you get and on the result you have
to achieve, you will have to rasterize the pdfs and use the correct
color profiles for it.

i may be wrong, but i think that the list needs more information about
the type of pdf you get (vector? text? bitmap?) and what kind of output
you whish to generate (cmyk? rgb? printshop? offset? color? grayscale?
web?) to help you...

have fun
a.l.e