[scribus] How do you insert a new text frame in the middle of an existing chain of linked text frames ?

Eric hanuise eric.hanuise at openpros.be
Mon Oct 5 17:30:47 CEST 2009

Hi all.

I am new to Scribus, but having used Xpress, Pagemaker and Framemaker in
the past I found it quite intutive so far.

I am using Scribus 1.3.12 on Ubuntu 9.04.

I have a document with about 50 pages, with two text frames on each
page, all linked in a text chain. The text flows from frame to frame,
and so far all is good.

On some of the pages of the existing document, I'd like to add a third
text frame, and insert it in the chain of linked frames. I did not find
how to do that, could someone please explain ?

To be clear : page 1 has a frame #1 and #2, page 2 has #3 and #4, and so
forth...
On page 25, I want to add a third text frame between frame #50 and #51,
so that page 25 would have frames #50,#51 and #52, page 26 frames #53
and #54, and so forth.

The chain button only seems to work at the end of the chain, and if I
break the chain by unlinking a frame, it's after that not possible to
rattach it to the first half - this is just weird.

Eric Hanuise