[scribus] Vertical align of text / aligning text with horizontal lines

Gregory Pittman gregp_ky at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 2 02:44:24 CEST 2009

On 10/01/2009 08:26 PM, Timothy J Massey wrote:
> A half-letter page, divided into thirds doesn't lend itself to even
> numbers...  Now I see why the default measurement unit is points...  :) It
> seems that Scribus is more spreadsheet or IDE than DTP:  type in numbers
> rather than, say, *draw* lines.  Interesting metaphor.

Even 3 has its multiples. I think most would agree that inches are
probably the least useful units to use, for a variety of reasons. I use
points most of the time, for the precision. If I need to, I convert
temporarily to inches or whatever (bottom left corner of the window).

Fluid design using drawing techniques does indeed work well with
Scribus. You may just want to trim the decimals when it makes sense.

Greg