[scribus] Trilingual template - design ideas

Gerard Cunningham gerard at faduda.net
Sat Nov 28 14:58:16 CET 2009

This isn't strictly a Scribus issue, but I thought I'd ask for ideas
anyway.

I've produced a guidebook, basically an A5 publication containing ext
and descriptions, whih allows visitors to retrace an early medieval
pilgrimage spot.

Anyway, the spec has changed, and I've now been asked to create a
trilingual version (English, Irish and Scots Gallic). The suggested
revision is that I cram three columns into each page, which frankly
won't work. As an alternative, I suggested either (a) doing the three
languages sequentially, or (b) preserving the current English pages and
adding facing pages, and on the facing pages putting the translations in
two columns.

So my question is, has anyone here ever done similar, and do you have
any templates/proofs I could look at for inspiration.

--
Gerard Cunningham
Journalist