[scribus] Best Linux distro for Scribus

a.l.e ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Sat Nov 28 09:15:44 CET 2009

hi jason jardon

> I have no idea why it happens to me. It must be some application that
> I install. But I do know that I absolutely need all the applications I
> install. So if a distro can't handle one of them, then it's not the
> distro for me.

your looking for a stable distribution with some self compiled packaEges
for your special needs.

fedora and debian testing are both test platform for the main, stable,
distribution.

they will mostly work but may fail for your needs (in debian testing
there are three important (to me) packages which currently fail / are
missing (slim, support for eeepc wireless, bitlbee: all three used to
work in testing and are still working in stable).

> So is OpenSuse my next stop? Or what?

maybe. one point is clear: the scribus team actively supports OpenSuse!

but, from what you have written i still suggest you to go for Suse, Red
Hat or Debian stable...
and compile in a separate directory each software you need on top of it.

what you will never get from a distribution is bleeding edge *and* real
stability of all features.

hth
a.l.e