[scribus] Missing printer colour profile

Gregory Pittman gregp_ky at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 25 17:42:27 CET 2009

On 11/25/2009 11:17 AM, Martin Whitehead wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I'm running Scribus 1.3.5.1 under Windows XP Pro SP3.
>
> I have a Canon Pixma iP5200 (4-colour CMYK), and there are 6 Canon ICM
> profiles in folder C:\Windows\system32\spool\drivers\color. They all show up
> in the XP>  Control Panel>  Colour applet. They don't appear in Scribus's
> Document Setup>  Colour Management printer drop-down.
>
> However, my BenQ Display's colour profile *does* show up in the Scribus
> Colour Management monitor drop-down (and in the XP colour applet, and its in
> folder C:\Windows\system32\spool\drivers\color).
>
> How come Scribus finds the monitor's colour profile but not the canon
> printer's colour profile?
>
> Hope someone can help!

Someone may correct me on this, but I don't know that it matters about
these profiles showing up in Scribus or not. Scribus hands off the
printing task to Windows (or Cups if you're in Linux), so this is an
external process. The important part for Scribus is to use the
profile(s) relevant to your camera.

Greg