[scribus] InCopy for Scribus?

Gregory Pittman gregp_ky at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 24 18:53:45 CET 2009

On 11/24/2009 10:30 AM, Frankllim Bonfim wrote:
> "A professional writing and editing workflow program, AdobeR InCopyR CS4
> software tightly integrates with Adobe InDesignR CS4 software to enable
> enhanced collaboration between design and editorial teams."
>
> Font: http://www.adobe.com/products/incopy/?promoid=DTEJB
>

> Does anyone know solution for Scribus similar to Adobe InDesign.?

Like many things with open source, it may require some rethinking to see
how to accomplish something similar but not necessarily the same.

Within Scribus, there is Collect for Output, to that you can have a
directory with the Document and all of its associated elements in one
location, which theoretically might be available on a network.

One might envision this melded with a versioning system to allow some
kind of nondestructive, reversible collaboration on some project.

We know that we have some users who have used Scribus in some kind of
network environment, but this is not a built-in feature.

Greg