[scribus] Burning CD for "try out" GNU/Linux distro to use w/Scribus

michael crane mick.crane at gmail.com
Tue Nov 17 13:25:10 CET 2009

Ok that works fine. I didn't notice the persistent install slider on
the live-usb install window first time.
I set it to 1200Mb or something on a 4Gb stick and it downloaded and
installed scribus ok but was much slower than without the persistent
install set. so probably a bigger usb stick would be better.

so for the original poster.
libraries can be a bit funny about installing stuff on their pc's
so you may be better to download everything and install it when you get home.

you'll need the

https://fedorahosted.org/liveusb-creator/
an iso of the live distribution.
http://fedoraproject.org/en/get-fedora
and then you'll need
scribus-1-3.5-1-1
qt-1:4.5.3-9
libmodplug-1.0.8.7-1
python -2.6.9
python-libs-2.6.9
phonon-backend-xine4.1.1-102
tix 1:8.4.3-3
sqlite 1:4523-9
tcl-1:8.5.6.6
scribus-doc-1.3.5.1-1
xine-lib-1.1.16.3
libmpcdec-1.2.6-5
phonon 4.3.5.3-9
tk 1:8.5.6-4
tkinter 2-6-9
aspell-12:0.60.6-5
python-imaging 1.1.6-14

that's from the dependency list and some of the dots might be in the
wrong place.
I guess you could get rpms of those and tell the install software
thingy where to look ?

regards

mick