[scribus] Burning CD for "try out" GNU/Linux distro to use w/Scribus

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Tue Nov 17 03:25:27 CET 2009

Randolph Bentson wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 16, 2009 at 04:32:50PM +0000, michael crane wrote:
>> I looked at the fedora live cd and you can easily install scribus 1.3.5-1-1
>> but it disappears if you remove the usbstick.
>
> If the stick is configured with a read/write overlay, you can change
> stuff and the changes persist. A better approach is to build an image
> with scribus, then install the improved :-) image on the stick. If
> there's interest, I can post my files or a pointer to the config
> files and scripts.

To add to that this is called a 'Persistent' install. Instructions for
how to do such installs of Live discs or existing desktops to usb
devices can be found on http://www.pendrivelinux.com/

Find the method specific to the distro you are trying, as some live
discs need to be hacked to allow for a persistent install.

Alex