[scribus] Windows 7

Richard eyelagui at adinet.com.uy
Sun Nov 15 18:46:41 CET 2009

John Beardmore escribió:

> Thanks Judy, that's handy !
>
> For the Vostro under discussion I get
>
>     Maximum Memory Capacity:  4096MB
>     Currently Installed Memory:  4GB
>
> But for my T30 Thinkpad I get:
>
>     Maximum Memory Capacity:  1024MB
>     Currently Installed Memory:  2GB
>
> so clearly it doesn't indicate the maximum RAM that will or can work,
> so much as what the manufacturer wants you to think will work !
>

> Cheers, J/.
That's because when the system was manufactured there were not memory
modules to go beyond 1GB, as when the Vostro did the absolute maximum
was 4GB. That does'nt mean you will not be able to put more ram, but
also does'nt mean you will be able to do it.
If you go to (at least) gigabyte motherboards site, and search for AMD
motherboards you'll find they claim about the "current maximum" because
they could'nt test bigger sims as hey was not available, but they don't
discard you will be able to use more than the anounced memory on those
motherboards.
I have an old P3 Gateway laptop that claimed a maximum of 128MB, but is
running on 256. Anyway, it does'nt handle "any" dimm.