[scribus] Problem with pdf-online formular (a.l.e)

Anke Lange gimp-werkstatt at gmx.de
Sun Nov 15 12:16:58 CET 2009

scribus-request at lists.scribus.net schrieb:

> ...and where is the problem. i tried your pdf and it seems to do exactly what it should: send the information you entered to your address using the proper email client.
>
> (it didn't work on my system because adobe acrobat has not (an easy) way to talk to a random email client when you don't have a "normal" desktop environment... but this is another problem which we should discuss deeper in a generic windows 7 thread).
>

> the warning you see, comes from adobe reader and tells you that only the content of the form will be sent and not the whole pdf. no idea if this is of any use for any user, but it's there.
>

> have you tried to send the form and experienced any problem?
>

> ciao
> a.l.e

Well, it does work, if you choose not to use an email-program. If you
choose to sent the information with an e-mail program like Thunderbird
or any other, the information will not be sent as an attachment. You
only get the message:

The attached file contains data that was entered into a form. It is
> not the form itself.The recipient of this data file should save it
> locally with a unique name. Adobe Acrobat Professional 7 or later can
> process this data by importing it back into the blank form or
> creating a spreadsheet from several data files. See Help in Adobe
> Acrobat Professional 7 or later for more details.

So it is absolutly normal, that you can't send the information with an
e-mail program?

I followed the instructions of Dai's video on Show me do Homepage, and
there it looks like that there is an e-mail attachment in anyway.
Here's the link to the video :
http://showmedo.com/videotutorials/video?name=1250090&fromSeriesID=125

By the way, I tried this on Ubuntu 9.10 and on Windows Vista. It's the
same result on both systems.

Anke

--
Anke Lange