[scribus] Problem compiling SVN version

D. R. Evans doc.evans at gmail.com
Sat Nov 14 18:14:47 CET 2009

Thomas Zastrow said the following at 11/14/2009 09:40 AM :

> I was just wondering that Cairo is necessary for Scribus because some
> days before we had this discussion here because compiling Scribus on
> Ubuntu and there it was said that Cairo is not necessary?

I think that there was a subtlety in the language used...

I think that it's that cairo is not *strictly necessary*, but it's the
default. You have to add the correct command line switch to make the build
use Arthur instead of cairo. Without the switch, then cairo needs to be
available.

  Doc

--
Web:  http://www.sff.net/people/N7DR