[scribus] Windows 7

John Beardmore John at T4sLtd.co.uk
Thu Nov 12 18:30:54 CET 2009

John Culleton wrote:

> You might find that the two partition method will allow you to run
> all those software packages without difficulty on a Linux partition
> and yet have an MSWin XP partition for those programs that run
> only on that OS. In fact I have several partitions but I almost
> never use the Windows one.

I was thinking of running Linux in VirtualBox or some such.

>  One useful program, Quantas,

Never heard of that. What does it do ?

> won't
> run on Slackware Linux 13 so I keep a Slack 12.2 partition around
> just for that one app.
>
> I have a Win XP install disk and key. For my purposes I see no
> reason to upgrade to Win 7.  Can anyone suggest one?

 From my POV, getting access to at least half a gig of RAM that XP won't
access.

Apart from that, the XP UI isn't beyond improvement.

> Vista is of course another story.

One that I'm happy not to read.

Cheers, J/.
--
John Beardmore,MSc EDM (Open),B.A. Chem (Oxon),CMIOSH,CEnv,AIEMA,MEI
Energy Audit, Carbon Management, Design Advice, Sustainable Energy