[scribus] Brochure printing using imposition

John Culleton john at wexfordpress.com
Wed Nov 11 20:22:04 CET 2009

On Wednesday 11 November 2009 12:13:47 Peter H Nancarrow
wrote:
> I use Scribus on a PClinuxOS system, and need to produce a
brochure in
> A5 size printed on A4.  Reference to the Help documentation in
my
> installation, I find under the heading 'New In Scribus 1.3.5' the
> following reference:
>
> 'There is a new imposition tool which allows you to create
booklets.
> This enables for example printing 2 pages of A5 on A4 paper.-->
'

> However, I haven't been able to find the tool.  If it's there, could
> somebody tell me where?
>
> Peter Nancarrow

If you download PSUtils then the programs psbook and psnup
will do the job. Here is my script for a similar task:
------------------
psbook $1.ps $1b.ps
echo 'psnup'
psnup -2 -ptabloid -Pletter $1b.ps $1p.ps
echo 'psselect'
psselect -o   $1p.ps $1o.ps
psselect -e -r  $1p.ps $1e.ps
lpr $1o.ps