[scribus] Color tint

Owen rcook at pcug.org.au
Mon Nov 9 00:10:29 CET 2009

On Sun, 8 Nov 2009 06:08:10 -0800 (PST)
maltmaster <tom at otsiningo.com> wrote:

> maltmaster wrote:
> >
> > I am evaluating Scribus to replace InDesign CS2. I can specify a
> > tint to lighten a color with InDesign. I have not found this in the
> > properties or color menus. Does it exist?
> >
> More information: I found this on a Microsoft office forum. It gives
> functions to compute RGB values from a a base color and tint value.
> This helps to define a new color.
>
> http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/oxmlsdk/thread/f6d26f2c-114f-4a0d-8bca-a27442aec4d0
> http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/oxmlsdk/thread/f6d26f2c-114f-4a0d-8bca-a27442aec4d0
>
> Still looking for equivalent function for CYMK. I assume that a
> subtractive model would differ from an additive model.

I might be completely wrong, but if you are using 1.3.5

1. Start Scribus, but do not open a new document
2. Go to Edit->Colours
3. New and select your colour set and then the colour
4. Then switch to the HSV colour model
5. Adjust "lightness" or whatever, use the RGB or CMYK model
6. Create your colour, make sure you give it a new name.

I suspect in the future that you will be able to do it as in the above
microsoft forum. See
http://create.freedesktop.org/wiki/Swatches_-_colour_file_format/Draft

Seems to be the way colours(colors) are going

Owen