[scribus] Rasterized vector drawings inserted svg and "Mangage images / Links"

Mads Boserup Lauritsen info at bola-arq.dk
Mon Nov 9 00:01:45 CET 2009

After reading the manual I understand many of the choices that the team
has made developing Scribus,
thx for a nice manual and a nice program.

but,

coming from the "Indesign" world there is one question I cannot fully
find a answer to.

I'm working as an architect, and therefore I have many diagrams and
drawings in the books or panells I make with a DTP-program (in adobe
world everything is normally placed as pdf in an Indesign document).

But as far as I understand, either Scribus place the diagrams directly
into the working file as SVG, or it rasterized my diagrams from example
pdf--> 300dpi.

In the "manage images" dialog only pictures are linked to the working file.

Is there a way to link vectorbased drawings like svg, pdf, eps to the
working file? My documents become extremely slow when either they are
inserted (and editable) or rasterized, and therefore I am not able to
convinze my colleques that they should switch to Scribus...

Best regards

Mads Boserup Lauritsen,
Denmark