[scribus] PDF creation in karmic

D. R. Evans doc.evans at gmail.com
Wed Nov 4 20:49:21 CET 2009

Thomas Zastrow said the following at 11/04/2009 12:12 PM :

> Some days ago, I already tried out Scribus with the last release
> candidate of Ubuntu 9.10.
> Because there are now again problems with the final version, I
> downloaded Ubuntu 9.10 *final* and installed again.
>  From Ubuntus repositories, I installed Scribus NG which is a 1.3.5
> version from 26. January.
> I created several documents, with and without images, and exported them
> to PDF.
>
> I had absolute no problems.
>
> So, perhaps it is a problem with your file / image(s) / fonts? If you
> can send your Scribus product via email to me, I will try it out here again.

Thank you very much. Let me mess with it during spare cycles for a day or
so, and if I can't figure out what's going wrong, I'll take you up on that.

I've discovered that not all files are failing, so I'm trying to find out
what in particular is different about the ones that cause Scribus to crash.
(They worked fine before the karmic "upgrade".)

  Doc

--
Web:  http://www.sff.net/people/N7DR