[scribus] Setting up color management

Alan Tutt alan at powerkeyspub.com
Wed Nov 4 19:27:25 CET 2009

Hi Alexandre,

You haven't disappointed me, although I'm not sure if the quality of my
display is as bad as you suggest.  And LProf is what's recommended on the
Scribus website, so if that's bad, then the website should suggest
something else.

Thanks for the recommendations.  I will give them a try.

I understand that without expensive tools, I can only hope for a close
approximation and not an exact match.  I can also accept that a higher
quality monitor/printer combination will help, although this is what I have
at the moment, so I have to get the best I can out of it.

And yes, lighting in my work area is not the best, although at least 80% of
it is daylight from a north window.

What surprised me the most was that I could get matches to different areas
of the page in different prints, but not at the same time.  This seems to
indicate to me that it's not the monitor profile which is at fault, but
either the printer profile or how the software is attempting to match them.

Oh, and for those who say laser/LED printers are inconsistent, the dozens
of prints I've made in this process all appear to be perfect matches with
each other (at least those made with similar settings).

- Alan Tutt