[scribus] Setting up color management

Alexandre Prokoudine alexandre.prokoudine at gmail.com
Wed Nov 4 18:32:35 CET 2009

On 11/4/09, Alan Tutt wrote:

> Here's my system:
> Kubuntu Linux 9.04
> Scribus 1.3.3.12 with lcms support
> LG Flatron L222WT LCD monitor
> Okidata C6100 color laser printer (for proofs)
>
> I've used the FProf tool to profile my monitor and create an ICC/ICM file.

Let's see. You have a really cheap TFT display and you used profiling
software (the officially released version of LProf) that doesn't
create quite accurate ICC profiles. I have a suspicion that lighting
where you work isn't controlled as well. I'm sorry but getting
reliable output with what you have will be quite difficult.

You can try using dispcalGUI to at least create accurate profiles
(choose matrix type), but you really need a better LCD. I'm sorry if I
disappoint you.

> I'm not sure how to produce a custom profile for the printer.

You need a special measurement device for that and tools from Argyll CMS.

With beta version of Argyll (1.1.0beta) you can use X-Rite's
ColorMunki measurement device that allows profiling both display and
printer.

Alexandre