[scribus] PDF text field not interactive

Steven Dayton daytonmeister at gmail.com
Wed Nov 4 16:09:43 CET 2009

What PDF version are you trying to export the form to? I have only had
success with 1.3 (Acrobat 4). I tried makeing a PDF form out of
Scribus using PDF version 1.4 a couple of times and it didn't work. If
I remember correctly I encountered the same results as you where none
of the fields worked. I haven't tried to make a form with either
Scribus version 1.3.5 or 1.3.6.

StevenD

On Tue, Nov 3, 2009 at 13:53, John Gideon Howard
<john.g.howard at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks a.l.e, but I'm still having the problem.
> To clarify, the pdf looks fine, but in the lates Adobe Reader, I
> cannot type inside form fields.
>
> I didn't know my version of Scribus inunstable, but wouldn't this bug
> be caught by now?
>
> Thanks,
>
> On Tue, Nov 3, 2009 at 2:54 PM, a.l.e <ale.comp_06 at xox.ch> wrote:
>> hi john,
>>
>>> I'm new to Scribus and excited about the program.  I'm using Scribus
>>> Version 1.3.6svn, Build ID: C-*-T-*-C1.8.6-Windows.
>>
>> not a stable version... i think you know it...
>>
>>> The pdf exported from Scribus shows the interactive text fields, but
>>> they are not working- I cannot type inside them.
>>
>> you're supposed to fill them in acrobat reader (or, maybe, in other pdf
>> readers which support the form functionality).
>>
>> is this what you have tried?
>>
>>> Do I need to have Ghostscript installed?  I did not realize I needed
>>> to install Ghostscript first, until it was too late.
>>
>> basically, you only need ghostscript only for importing eps and for
>> using the print preview (which for most uses you can replace by the pdf
>> generation). so: you're mostly safe without it.
>>
>> have fun
>> a.l.e

StevenD

Do you want it fast, good, or cheap? Choose any two.