[scribus] Font / Style Signifiers in Story editor

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Fri May 29 00:56:30 CEST 2009

On Thu, 28 May 2009 15:59:32 -0400
Jeffrey Silverman <jeffrey.d.silverman at gmail.com> dijo:

> On Thu, May 28, 2009 at 3:49 PM, JLuc <jluc at no-log.org> wrote:
> > Jessica said :
> >> ...it is disorienting.  Not having that visual feedback ...
> >
> > Jeffrey Silverman a écrit :
> >>
> >> This is a "me too" for all of these improvement/feature request/bugfix
> >> ideas.
> >
> > With this and other Jessicas mail, I recognise my early experiences too...
> > :-(
> >
> > All these are little tiny uninteresting problems
> > compared to the developpement of more ambitious technical features,
> > but they make Scribus somehow disappointing for common use.

I made a list of minor issues like that that I have been meaning to
post for some time:

1) It would be great if daughter windows would remember the size they
were the last time you opened them - e.g., Style Editor, File Open.

2) Make the list of styles in Style Editor resizable so I can read the
entire name of the style (I use long style names).

3) Make the Story Editor remember the position the cursor was in when
it was last used. And make it stop moving the cursor back to the
beginning of the story every time you change the focus to another
window. Scrolling back to where you were over and over again is really
annoying when you have a long story.

4) Allow editing of contour line when the image consists of grouped
objects.

5) Make the Save button grayed out until after a change is made to the
document.

I hope that after 1.3.5 goes final we can take a breather from
working on new features and spend some time on little refinements like
the above and what others have mentioned. Or maybe that's already in
the current roadmap plan.