[scribus] Font / Style Signifiers in Story editor

Jeffrey Silverman jeffrey.d.silverman at gmail.com
Thu May 28 21:59:32 CEST 2009

On Thu, May 28, 2009 at 3:49 PM, JLuc <jluc at no-log.org> wrote:
> Jessica said :
>> ...it is disorienting.  Not having that visual feedback ...
>
> Jeffrey Silverman a écrit :
>>
>> This is a "me too" for all of these improvement/feature request/bugfix
>> ideas.
>
> With this and other Jessicas mail, I recognise my early experiences too...
> :-(
>
> All these are little tiny uninteresting problems
> compared to the developpement of more ambitious technical features,
> but they make Scribus somehow disappointing for common use.
> JL

Yeah, for real. Scribus is great for what it is, but imagine: version
1.2 didn't even have a working "undo" feature. I remember thinking, at
the time, Scribus is sucky for reasons like that and finding nothing
but blogs about how awesome Scribus is/was. No undo feature??!? That
is like, a ca1993 feature, people.

Anyways, I do find Scribus awesome[1] now. So don't think this is a
derogatory flame/troll post. And don't take it personally, devs,
although speaking as a dev[5], believe me, I know how hard that is.

[1] For certain given values of "awesome". Maybe not "go blind be
exposure to sheer awesomensess[2]" awesome.
[2] Love that movie[3]
[3] What movie? Kungfu Panda, duh[4]
[4] I just like footnotes
[5] Not of Scribus, sorry. Another big open source project though :)

--
JDS