[scribus] Possible to install 1.3.3.12 after installing 1.3.5svn?

John Beardmore John at T4sLtd.co.uk
Sat May 23 15:12:59 CEST 2009

wayne wrote:

>  Is the 1.3.5 version adequate for
> business use? If not, why not? What specifically would be the problem?

'Which bugs haven't you found yet' is seldom an easy question for
developers to answer.

Presumably few bugs are know which is why it's an RC, but it hasn't been
tested much which is why it shouldn't be regarded as a stable release.

It very probably will be fine for many business applications, but
without more testing I guess developers know it would be unwise to
encourage you to depend on it for anything that would take a long tome
to do again in 1.3.3.13 or whatever.

My gut feeling for what it's worth, is that I might used it for two
sided flyers for friends of the family, but I wouldn't yet use it for
serious technical documentation with money, deadlines and reputation on
the line.

Cheers, J/.
Energy Audit, Carbon Management, Design Advice, Sustainable Energy
Consultancy and Installation, Carbon Trust Standard Registered Assessor