[scribus] convert to pdf or png from command line

alessandro rimoldi ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Thu May 21 09:01:26 CEST 2009

buondì gabriele,

> many thanks for your prompt answers.
> What I could produce with the content management framework is a SLA
> file per each magazine's page, that could be downloaded and opened
> with Scribus. But I would also produce automatically a preview of the
> page inside the browser, without downloading any file; if Scribus
> could be used not only as a GUI, maybe it was feasible to convert
> automatically the SLA to a PNG, or to a PDF (easy to be converted
> into an image with imagemagick), but it seems to be really hard to do.
> Any idea or trick to overcome the problem?

the scribus list is not only a good place to talk about scribus, but is a very good place to talk about editorial workflows and alternative way of handling a problem.

in this specific case, i wonder if you're using the right tools in the right way...

but, before i can give you any hint -- what to use and how to use it -- i guess we all need to know a bit more about what you are trying to achieve.

- what are the features of scribus, that made you think that it is *the* software you want to use for your project?

- which workflow do you want to support with your sowftware collection?

- ...

have fun
a.l.e