[scribus] Possible to install 1.3.3.12 after installing 1.3.5svn?

Wayne shakacat at ukulele.com
Wed May 20 00:35:13 CEST 2009

I recently installed Mandriva Spring 2009 and found
that the only version available in the repository was
1.3.5svn. So, I installed that thinking that if I don't
like it, I can always find 1.3.3.12 somewhere and
install that. Well, since 1.3.3.12 is the stable
version, and I'm using Scribus for business, I decided
to uninstall 1.3.5svn. I found 1.3.3.12 in the Mandriva
2008 repository and tried to install it. However, one
of its dependencies is libpython2.5 and when I install
that, Scribus 1.3.3.12 no longer shows any text in any
of the menu bars.

When I try to remove libpython2.6 (there when I
installed 1.3.5svn), it threatens to remove a a long
list of other (KDE4 and others, many of which I use and
need) programs along with it.

My question is: Can I install 1.3.3.12 AFTER  having
installed 1.3.5svn? If so, how?
Do I have to uninstall libpython2.6 first?

Thanks,
Wayne