[scribus] more intelligent handling of imported styles [was "scribus feature request"]

Hedley Finger hfinger at handholding.com.au
Mon May 11 10:25:33 CEST 2009

John Jason:

> InDesign, PageMaker and QuarkXPress all do it the same way as
> FrameMaker. It appears to be an "industry standard" way of importing
> word processor text. However, I must add that none of the others
> support importing text from OOo, although you can copy and paste and
> still retain styles. Scribus, bless its little electronic heart, is way
> ahead of the others there.
>
> I'm not saying that Scribus should do it the same way. as the others.
> Perhaps the way the others do it can be improved upon. I'm simply
> pointing out what others do.

Looks like a case of convergent evolution!  But you will note that most
graphics apps have capabilities similar to other graphics apps,
spreadsheets to other spreadsheets, etc.  So you are onto something here!

Regards,
Hedley   8^)

--

Hedley Finger

28 Regent Street   Camberwell VIC 3124   Australia
Tel: +61 3 9809 1229   Fax: (call phone first)
Mobile (cell): +61 412 461 558   Skype: hedley.finger
Email. "Hedley Finger" <hfinger at handholding.com.au>