[scribus] Scribus performance on a 64 bit system :)

Michal Blazejczyk blazej at zeszytykomiksowe.org
Sun May 3 19:31:31 CEST 2009

Hi everyone,

Something positive to throw out there: for a couple of months now
I've been heavily using Scribus (1.3.3.12) on a 64-bit edition of
Windows XP, and it works like a breeze.  Previously I'd used
Scribus on Ubuntu, but the program was very slow, especially when
refreshing the screen.  Then (about a year ago) I'd switched to
regular WinXP where the lags were less of an issue.  But now,
with the 64-bit Windows, Scribus really rocks.  Screen refresh
is nearly seamless, even with larger documents, and PDF generation
is also a good few times faster than on an x86 version of Windows
(and my documents use *lots* of images).

BTW, this could be due to the 64-bit edition of GhostScript (8.64).

And btw, it's a dual core, 2.4 GHz system, HP EliteBook, 4GB or RAM.

So anyway, I recommend a 64-bit system to everyone using Scribus
heavily  :-)

Best,
Michal Blazejczyk
www.zeszytykomiksowe.org