[scribus] Vertical alignment?

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Sun Mar 29 16:00:43 CEST 2009

John Beardmore wrote:
> Gregory Pittman wrote:
>
>> The good news is that you have not missed anything that is present.
>> The bad news is that there is no vertical centering (or other
>> vertical alignment). When working with frames, this would be tricky
>> to implement.
>
> Out of interest, why is it tricky ?  It sounds easy from my naive
> perspective.  I'm curious.
Well, not being one of the devs, I'm can't be sure. With horizontal
centering, you're dealing with one line of text, but with vertical one
or maybe several lines of text. I try to think of what I might need in
Scripter for feedback so that I might automate such a process, and it
isn't easy for me to conceive what that is. In the main GUI, there is an
ability to set a Top space from the frame border to the beginning of
text, but the resulting bottom space is a secondary passive amount --
does or can Scribus know what this is?

Greg