[scribus] Automatic creation of product catalgue

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Thu Mar 26 13:30:19 CET 2009

Stefano Danzi wrote:
> /How I can call "Adjust Frame to Image/" function from a script? Under
> scripting references there are nothing about this.

If you check the InfoBox.py script, you will see some things that will
help. There is no Adjust Frame to Image in Scripter.
Use the PIL like this:

    try:
        from PIL import Image
    except ImportError:
        print "Unable to import the Python Imaging Library module."
        sys.exit(1)

then if you go farther down in InfoBox.py you will find:

        imageload = scribus.fileDialog('Load image','Images(*.jpg *.png
*.tif *.JPG *.PNG *.jpeg *.JPEG *.TIF)',haspreview=1)
            im = Image.open(imageload)
            xsize, ysize = im.size
        new_height = float(ysize)/float(xsize)*new_width # this adjust
height according to the column width
        new_image = scribus.createImage(new_left, float(new_top),
new_width, float(new_height),framename)
        scribus.loadImage(imageload, new_image)

where you see to use Image.open, then .size to get the dimensions of
your image. In the case of InfoBox.py, the frame dimensions are limited
to a fixed width based on the column that the image is placed in.

So you should be able to use these methods to accomplish your task. If
your desire is for a full-size frame according to image size, then
adjusting scale should be unnecessary.

Greg