[scribus] stable sort of (was "No mails...)

Steven Dayton daytonmeister at gmail.com
Mon Mar 23 15:21:20 CET 2009

John,

Thanks for the non-hostile comments. I want to call them useful but I don't
think much is useful for my situation. But at least you had something to
say. Honestly I haven't had any complaints with Vista up till now and I have
been using it for about a year and a half. I use Mac and Windows XP at work
because I have a whole range of apps where some of them are Windows only
such as Adobe LiveCycle Designer and others the department supports on the
Mac. And even at home I have some Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro Extended and LiveCycle
Designer which as far as I am aware are Window only apps so it isn't likely
that I am going to dump it all just to get Linux. Although I wouldn't mind
delving into it. I like to think I'm biased.

Admittedly I am just starting out with Scribus and have just played around
with very small documents and as yet no "real" jobs. So I have a way to go
before I am half way proficient at it. Scribus has only crashed once and so
far all is not lost. The automatic backup in this case would I think be an
excellent idea. I realize Scribus is a growing and developing app and I
expect to see it improve. The open source bug has bitten me. And as to the
advise on creating large books in smaller chunks I think that is well worth
keeping in mind.

So again thanks for some encouraging and helpful remarks.

Steven Dayton