[scribus] Question about handling pdf in scribus

avox avox at arcor.de
Sat Mar 14 23:19:28 CET 2009

silvio grosso wrote:

> Hello everybody,
>
> I read an interesting article about Scribus and I am curious about it.
>
> More precisely, I read that last year the "Swiss Open Systems User Group"
> sponsored a project in order to handle pdf files in Scribus in a better
> way.
> The link to get more information about this project is:
> http://cofundos.org/project.php?id=94
>
> I am wondering if such a project was completed or not?
> Does it need more funding?
> In short, is it possible to try this new feature in Scribus 1.3.5 (the
> unstable version)?
>
> Thanks a lot in advance for your answer.

Yes, I implemented that feature. It's available when you compile Scribus
1.3.5 with PoDoFo libs.

The way it works is that you check "Embed PDF (EXPERIMENTAL)" on the PDF
export dialog and Scribus will inline your PDF as-is, instead of using
Ghostscript to render it to bitmap. Currently it truly embeds the PDF as-is,
so if you embed an RGB-PDF in a PDF intended for printing, you'll probably
run into trouble.

/Andreas