[scribus] Scale Text box

John Beardmore John at T4sLtd.co.uk
Fri Mar 6 01:25:42 CET 2009

Roger wrote:

> I scale and rearrange text boxes during layout all the time in scribus,
> there's a whole stack of text manipulation tools, everything that's
> available in a word processor.

Probably far more...

> press F2 you will find x,y,z positioning
> Shape to manipulate the shape of th text box
> Text provides test manipulation tools
> Image for image manipulation tools
> Line for line tools
> Colours to choose and modify colours.
> and click on Text.
> The Story Editor also has a wide range of text manipulation tools.

Yes, but if the idea is to have an environment where you can just splat
things onto the page and play with layout, much of the above is likely
to be cumbersome.

> It is so much easier than cut and paste manually.

I think it depends what you're doing.

If I'm laying out an instrument panel I'll go for the fine positioning
that is afforded by the properties.

On the other hand, if I'm laying out a flyer I'll cut and paste at first
to get the over all layout as I want, then just maybe tweak the
properties a bit.

As ever, there's more than one 'right' way to do things.

Cheers, J/.
Energy Audit, Carbon Management, Design Advice, Sustainable Energy
Consultancy and Installation, Carbon Trust Standard Registered Assessor