[scribus] Everything in a box

Roger hovergo at net-tech.com.au
Fri Mar 6 00:19:33 CET 2009

 > my thing is that everything is in a box.
 > > I used to do paste up making lots of copies cut them out see how they fall.
 > > some interpretation of that way of working needs to be brought to the pc.

The pc will never do what we do on the work bench mainly because everything in a
pc is software code, it doesn't exist. You only see and manipulate a
representation of the underlying database.

The enclosing box is a good thing as it shows the extent of the object being
pasted without having to resort to complex bezier algorithms to outline the
object. You can fine tune the extent of th box by manipulating the object in
Gimp or photoshop and cutting away the extra area that you dont want.
The box really doesn't matter in the layout because we can place objects on
different levels and/or layers, under or over the previous object.
I use a lot of layers so that I can select only the objects I want to change.

The box only shows when the particular object is selected, however you can
choose to have the box on permanently in the menu dialogs, it doesn't print in
hard copy or in the pdf.

Roger