[scribus] scribus as pasteup device

John Beardmore John at T4sLtd.co.uk
Thu Mar 5 13:39:16 CET 2009

michael crane wrote:
> 2009/3/5 John Beardmore <John at t4sltd.co.uk>:

>> I don't see that there should be any problem doing this with Scribus, and it
>> would be my first choice, but historically you could have been doing it with
>> Pagemaker, InDesign or Quark.
>
> hi,
> maybe I can't see it ?
> What I used to do was trace the elements I considered fixed in
> position to each other.

Doesn't sound quick ?

> Then I would put my new word or my new image under my trusty Grant enlarger :-)
> and turn the handle until it looked good.
> I can't see how to get the equivalent of that with a new text.
> I don't seem to be able to scale it. I have to go into edit
> text/change the size/ update it/see if it looks any better/etc.

I can't think of a way to directly scale the content of a text box
either, but I bet whatever you have to do is quicker than messing with
real optics in a darkroom !

Also the projected text in the enlarger still has to be prepared,
presumably to 35mm negative ?  That's not so cool for ad hoc
editing.

Cheers, J/.
Energy Audit, Carbon Management, Design Advice, Sustainable Energy
Consultancy and Installation, Carbon Trust Standard Registered Assessor