[scribus] scribus as pasteup device

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Thu Mar 5 03:50:24 CET 2009

michael crane wrote:
> hello,
> I'd like to ask/talk about scribus as a pasteup device
> Do people use it for that ?
> for sketching out ideas ?
> my thing is that everything is in a box.
> I used to do paste up making lots of copies cut them out see how they fall.
> some interpretation of that way of working needs to be brought to the pc.

like many real world to digital translations, you have to consider how
that might work. I'm not suggesting it wouldn't or couldn't, but it
would have to be different.

I think with Scribus you will always be dealing with "objects" in some
form. The question is, what kinds of object manipulation tools would
help design and the creative process?

Greg