[scribus] When is a new release for Windows coming out?

avox avox at arcor.de
Wed Mar 4 23:29:00 CET 2009

Phil Ward wrote:

> Hi mick,
> sorry, i was just tryin to give my little bit of cyberspace, as
> someone mentioned about getting rid of windows completly, and for
> some its not an option, YET...
>
> i cant believe what i started...
> ill try and keep my ideas to myself, and just observe for time being :)
> didnt mean to pick on scribus in anyway shape or form
>
> phil
> On 4 Mar 2009, at 21:54, michael crane wrote:
>
>> Can we stop the win/linux aggravation society stuff. i think scibus
>> probably does the same things on whatever platform.
>> I guess.
>> mick

No worries, here. Scribus community has always taken a lax view on being "on
topic".
Feel free to express your feelings as long you don't call anyone names (at
least not other people on this list).

Moving from Windows to Linux will definitely be applauded by a lot of people
here. OTOH we Scribus devs provide OS/X and Windows versions of Scribus,
too,
so using Linux is not mandatory. My personal opinion is that the best way
to use Windows is from a virtual machine, eg. VirtualBox. Then each time it
annoys you, you can just reset it to the latest snapshot :-).

It's also useful to know that CorelDraw runs under Wine; or that people
have problems using Uniconvertor. That info might help some people, and most
readers will use some bitmap editor and vector graphics program parallel to
Scribus.

So, keep posting if you have something you want to say.

/Andreas