[scribus] When is a new release for Windows coming out?

jwminer at accessvt.com jwminer at accessvt.com
Wed Mar 4 23:11:42 CET 2009

Phil wrote:
> The buntu live CD's allows you to create a sort of virtual partition
> on your harddrive, but it runs outside of windows, ie it changed the
> boot sector startup, and runs nicely of an NTFS patition, and runs a
> treat on my little dell... (i know im not very technical, and some
> people must be cursing me, but its so simple to use, and a great way
> of non destructive testing etc)..

I believe you are talking about Wubi: "Wubi is an officially
supported Ubuntu installer for Windows users that can bring you to
the Linux world with a single click. Wubi allows you to install and
uninstall Ubuntu as any other Windows application, in a simple and
safe way. Are you curious about Linux and Ubuntu? Trying them out
has never been easier!"

I don't use Ubuntu and have never tried Wubi, but it sounds to me
like a virtual machine that can be started outside of the operating
system on which it lives.

Read about it here:
 http://wubi-installer.org/
--Judy Miner