[scribus] When is a new release for Windows coming out?

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Wed Mar 4 20:57:29 CET 2009

Steven Dayton wrote:
>>  GAAAAAAAAAAAA!!
>>
>>> Please forget that 1.3.4 ever existed.
>>>
>>> OTOH, switching to Linux will set you free!
>>>
>>> But to be honest, there are some 1.3.5svn snapshots available for Windows,
>>> and worth checking out.
>>>
>>> http://www.scribus.net/?q=taxonomy/term/34
>>>

> Why? What happened that people would mention that version. I am new to
> Sribus (just installed it last week).
>
> I hope you will pardon my ingnorance and tell me what does .svn stand for?
> When I downloaded the Windows version it said the current stable version. I
> am assuming that the 1.3.5 is still being worked on may not be certified
> stable. Is that correct?

The problem with 1.3.4 was that it was just the very beginning of a host
of new features, introduced in May, 2007. It has never had any bugfixes,
since very soon thereafter, the underlying qt3 was switched to qt4, and
this is what 1.3.5svn is based on. The svn part relates to the use of
subversion as the versioning system. You can use subversion, for
example, for downloading and compiling frequent updates. What these
snapshots represent is someone periodically compiling the svn version
for you, very useful for someone using Windows.

The current *stable* version is 1.3.3.12, and there is also a bugfix
version of this, 1.3.3.13svn, and once again there are some snapshots of
this available. At the moment, 1.3.3.12 or 1.3.3.13svn are the best
choices for someone just learning Scribus.

Greg