[scribus] When is a new release for Windows coming out?

Jeffrey Silverman jeffrey.d.silverman at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 20:11:26 CET 2009

On Wed, Mar 4, 2009 at 12:58 PM, Steven Dayton <daytonmeister at gmail.com> wrote:
> Is there a 1.3.4 version in the works for Windows users? Most of the
> references to that version are for Linux users which I can understand. Maybe
> I should look seriously into getting a Linux machine.

s/into getting a Linux machine/into wiping Windows and installing Linux/

Seriously, though, for some people, for reasons I cannot fathom[1],
deleting Windows altogether is not an option[2]. Anyway, if making the
switch is too hard for you to do on your "main computer", and you want
to buy a new computer for Linux, there are some options available that
really level the playing field, so to speak, and take the mystery[3]
of installation and support out of the equation:

For example:

http://www.zareason.com/shop/home.php
http://system76.com/

Also, I highly recommend LinuxMint: http://www.linuxmint.com/

I could go on, and will, but only by request[4].

[1] Actually, I *can* fathom some specific circumstances which, as it
turns out, apply to far fewer people than most people realize.

[2] It really is an option. Don't let fear prevent you from switching.

[3] Most comparisons of Linux to Windows include the installation and
setup part. I think this is a bit unfair (to Windows, actually). But
if you have two machines, Windows and Linux, *already installed and
set up*, so that all installed hardware is working properly, then
Linux is really very easy to use. As easy as Windows, at least[5].

[4] And in the footnotes[6]

[5] Note that "different", which Linux is from Windows, does not mean
"harder to use".

[6] Ah, I just like footnotes :)

--
JDS