[scribus] Running Scribus 1.3.3.13 on Windows XP

John Beardmore John at T4sLtd.co.uk
Wed Jun 24 00:19:10 CEST 2009

Lori Jiacinto wrote:

> To crash Scribus when bringing in a JPEG file:  press "I" and select an
> area; right-click in the red dotted square outline (there is no big X in
> the middle) and select "Get image..."; choose an existing file from the
> "Open" window (where the image previews look great, BTW); click "Open";
> see the popup "Scribus crashes due to the following exception:
> EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION".
>
> In short: how do I see what I'm working on (other than the print preview
> or exporting it to pdf constantly), and how do I import an image file
> without Scribus crashing?

As other windows users don't have either of these problems, I think you
may have to look at your hardware or hardware configuration.

Have you tried running a RAM diagnostic recently ?

Cheers, J/.
Energy Audit, Carbon Management, Design Advice, Sustainable Energy
Consultancy and Installation, Carbon Trust Standard Registered Assessor