[scribus] [Scribus] Status of Indic language support in Scribus

Sheikh Tuhin SheikhT at safh.org.uk
Tue Jun 16 13:41:02 CEST 2009

Hi,

I was reading a thread in the Scribus discussion forum regarding to the
support of Indic Language in our favourite page layout software Scribus.
I'm working for a Charity in London, UK and I sometimes feel the urgency
of using Unicode Bengali (Bangla) font in various publications. I've
seen in the previous thread (
http://lists.scribus.net/pipermail/scribus/2006-January/018305.html)
that you've mentioned about sending a distributable files and
screenshots of that so that you can work on this issue. So I'm sending
you a word document and the same content in a pdf version so that you
can compare them side by side. I've used free font SolaimanLipi in here.

Thanks and we are really looking forward to use Bengali language in
Scribus in near future.

Sheikh Tuhin

Data Inputer

Social Action for Health