[scribus] Glyphs in a font not appearing

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Sun Jun 14 19:28:25 CEST 2009

On Sun, 14 Jun 2009 12:48:06 -0400
Gregory Pittman <gregp_ky at yahoo.com> dijo:

> John Jason Jordan wrote:
> > I understand what is happening now.
> >
> > I always knew that Scribus (like InDesign) will not display a glyph
> > that is not truly in the font. This is as it should be, since otherwise
> > problems can result when sending files out to be printed. However, I
> > think it is wrong for the Stoy Editor to grab a glyph from another
> > font. That is what confused me. I did not realize that the Story Editor
> > would lie to me. It should not and I should add a feature request that
> > this behavior be changed so that Story Editor displays only the glyphs
> > that are truly in the font.
> >
> Just to make sure, you do understand that the font displayed in Story
> Editor is not necessarily (and not usually) the font you have chosen for
> the frame in Story Editor, don't you?

Yes, I am aware of that.

In my case I use Junicode for just about everything, so I set Story
Editor to use it for display as well. And that is the source of my
confusion. Story Editor lies. As a result I wasted everyone's time
filing an unnecessary bug report. Had I known that Story Editor has a
different standard for the truth I would have instead filed a feature
request to make Story Editor tell the truth. :)