[scribus] Latest 1.3.5 Release Candidate

John Beardmore John at T4sLtd.co.uk
Sat Jun 6 01:58:02 CEST 2009

Carl Symons wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 3, 2009 at 3:04 PM,  <scribus-request at lists.scribus.net> wrote:
>>> But in order to continue using the feature without problems I'm going
>>> to have to get the latest version. I currently have 1.3.5 Rc1 May 17
>>> on
>>> Jaunty x86_64. I've always been too lazy to learn how to build the
>>> latest version myself. I just wait until a deb makes it to the repos.
>>>
>>> So now I'm motivated to learn how to build my own. Are there things
>>> like daily snapshots and, if so, where might I find them? And "for
>>> dummies" instructions?
>
> I was apprehensive about building the latest too. Also using Kubuntu
> Jaunty x86_64.
>
> The Subversion instructions mentioned in previous message worked okay
> for with a couple of changes. I tweaked things around a bit and then
> wrote instructions (see below) that I refer to each time I update:
>
> TO GET NEW SVN
> (everything done in terminal window)
> be in home directory -  /home/YourName (/home/YourName=~)
> svn co svn://scribus.info/Scribus/branches/Version135/
>
> This puts the latest from svn into ~/Version135/Scribus
>
> You may have to install a few things to get this to work. Some of the
> dependencies are not available with apt-get or Synaptic exactly as the
> dependency name indicates. It's not that hard to figure out though.

OK -  it looks as if it's bombing out because it can't find Qt, qmake etc.

Which version of Qt4 do I need, and what's the easiest / safest way to
get it in the Jaunty x86_64 environment ?

Cheers, J/.
Energy Audit, Carbon Management, Design Advice, Sustainable Energy
Consultancy and Installation, Carbon Trust Standard Registered Assessor