[scribus] Page construction - Part deux

Gregory Pittman gregp_ky at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 29 03:48:08 CEST 2009

Jean Basile wrote:
> In this two column set left aligned with hyphenation looks ok to me. But does it count as a problem to have the two columns of a page aligned left so in the middle you have one straight line to the right and a ragged line to the left?

I think you're considering two different issues. One is visual
appearance separate from the text content. The other is legibility and
readability. For what you are describing, full justification may have
some appeal, but left justified will be more readable. As you read, the
sharp vertical line to the left helps the eye find the beginning of the
next line, even when it's in mid-page.
> Finally, is it ok to post design questions here? After all the list should be about the functionality of scribus.

I certainly enjoy design questions, since they can lead to some
interesting discussions which we all can learn from.

Greg