[scribus] How to change the "Distance of text" for multiple text frames in one go?

Marco Boeringa marco at boeringa.demon.nl
Sat Jul 11 19:35:01 CEST 2009

Hi all,

Just recently downloaded Scribus to give it a try. Since I was not yet
familiar with DTP, the user interface and concepts were confusing at
first. However, with help of some good tutorials and documentation on
the internet, things have become clear and I managed to create a proper
document using styles and a home made template.

However, I now ran into a serious issue. I used the Calendar Wizard in
Scribus, that creates a tables like layout of text frames for all the
dates. So far fine, and I easily managed to tweak the look and placement
using magnetic lines and all the property settings.

However, since I also wanted to change the "Distance of Text" settings
(Top, Left etc.) of the Shape tab of a Text Frame, I thought I could
simply do this like I had done with all other formatting: select
multiple frames, enter the desired values, and ready...

Well, not so! While I can change things like font style, color etc. of
multiple selected frames at once, the "Distance of Text" settings are
only applied to the first selected text frame...

Is this a known bug in Scribus 1.3.3.13, or do I have an issue with my
installation? And if it is a bug, is it stilll present in 1.3.5, and if
not, do users recommend upgrading considering the beta status of 1.3.5?

I am running the latests stable release (1.3.3.13), so not the Release
Candidate 3 of version 1.3.5. Considering all the warnings about ongoing
changes in the fileformat of the beta version, I thought it wise to
stick with the latest "stable" release for the time being, especially to
try it out.

Thanks for any insights and suggestions of how to change these
"Top/Left/Bottom/Right" distances of text frames in batch, if at all
possible.

Marco