[scribus] New Fontmatrix release announce

Asif Lodhi asif.lodhi at gmail.com
Sat Jul 4 16:02:04 CEST 2009

Hi Hirwen,

On 7/4/09, Hirwen HARENDAL <harendalh at hotmail.com> wrote:
>> Though I am not currently into font designing but I DO plan to design
>> a high-quality free Urdu font (Pakistan's national language). I don't
>> even know the basics of font design software! :) However, I think I am
>> good calligrapher - I can draw comics with Inkscape calligraphic
>> brush/pen using only my mouse.
>
> ** Contact me off list.

Is it about font designing software to help me in my Urdu font
project? I want to design a free Urdu font to raise the literacy level
of my country. I would like it to be distributed as widely as possible
far and wide in my country and all over the world. The next step would
be development of software applications in Urdu - possibly modifying
Scribus to support Urdu or writing one of my own. Another possible
project is a high-quality Urdu Translator. Since I plan to do it all
in my free time, all of this is not going to happen any time soon - it
will certainly take a lot of time. My first foray would be into
FontForge and I'll also grab a couple of good books.

Thanks for the link.

Best regards,

-Asif