[scribus] downloading Scribus 1.3.3.12

Alison Saylor alison.saylor at gmail.com
Wed Jan 21 18:19:20 CET 2009

I used Scribus 1.3.3.11 for a newsletter and it took forever because
you could only import text files as .txt so all the formatting was
lost and had to be redone for each article.  I heard that subsequent
version were going to fix this but I can't seem to find any definite
information about this anywhere.

Thought I'd download version 1.3.3.12 and just try it and see but
somehow I can't find a simple way to do this.  Every link I tried on
Scribus.net took me to a dead end.  It was so simple downloading it
the first time so it's confusing.

I am able to install applications easily with the add/remove feature
in applications (I'm using Ubuntu Hardy) but there's no way to tell
before installation what version it is.  At least I can't figure out
how to tell.

Any help anyone could provide me with would be much appreciated.  Thank you!